- Last Updated: Tuesday, 12 April 2022 14:26
Amino acids can be divided into six main groups on the basis of their structure and general chemical characteristics of their side chain groups, e.g. aliphatic, basic, acidic, and aromatic. All major amino acids can be quantified by LC (UHPLC)-UV or preferentially by UHPLC-QqQ-MSMS using AccQ•TagTM derivatization (Waters). SMC can provide quantification of 26 different amino acids; all proteinogenic amino acids included. In addition, we also offer analysis of free and bound amino acids.
NUMBER OF SAMPLES: 50-200 samples (analysis of fewer or more samples has to be discussed with SMC).
MATRICES: Plasma, serum, CSF, Arabidopsis, Populus, bacteria, cell cultures, and yeast (other matrices have to be communicated with SMC).
SMC is an independent partner and will be mentioned in the acknowledgements if the data is published
INCLUDED IN THE AMINO ACIDS ANALYSIS
- Sample preparation (e.g. methanol/water extraction)
- Analysis by LC-QqQ-MSMS
- Quality assurance of the analysis
- Quantification of major amino acids
- Initial statistical evaluation of the generated data according to the question asked in the project (multivariate and univariate data analysis)
- Report and feedback
- Full access to raw data
Pedro F Teixeira et al, A multi-step peptidolytic cascade for amino acid recovery in chloroplasts, Nature Chemical Biology (2016)