NUMBER OF SAMPLES: 30-80 samples (analysis of fewer or more samples has to be discussed with SMC). MATRICES: Plasma, serum, cell cultures (other matrices have to be communicated with SMC).
INCLUDED IN THE EICOSANOID ANALYSIS
- Sample preparation (including solid phase extraction)
- Analysis by LC-QqQ-MSMS
- Quality assurance of the analysis
- Quantification of eicosanoids (extended panel of oxylipins, with or without endocannabinoids profiling can be discussed)
- Initial statistical evaluation of the generated data according to the question asked in the project (multivariate and univariate data analysis)
- Report and feedback
- Archiving of raw data
- SMC will not be listed as co-authors on a future publication but will be acknowledged
Gouveia-Figueira S, Späth J, Zivkovic AM, Nording ML. (2015) Profiling the oxylipin and endocannabinoid metabolome by UPLC-ESI-MS/MS in human plasma to monitor postprandial inflammation. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0132042.
Gouveia-Figueira S, Nording ML. (2015) Validation of a tandem mass spectrometry method using combined extraction of 42 oxylipins and 15 endocannabinoid-related compounds including prostamides from biological matrices. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 121:110-121.
Gouveia-Figueira S, Nording ML. (2014) Development and validation of a sensitive UPLC-ESI-MS/MS method for the simultaneous quantification of 15 endocannabinoids and related compounds in milk and other biofluids. Anal Chem 86(2):1186-1195.